Potential quick fixes for loss of heat
- Make sure that the oil burner emergency switch is in the "ON" position.
- Set the thermostat above room temperature.
- Check the fuel oil level gauge on your oil tank to be sure that the tank contains oil.
- If you have Oilheat, press the re-set button once only. If the burner does not start immediately, do not press the button again.
- If the burner or furnace does not run at all, check for a blown or loose fuse or a tripped circuit breaker.
- If you have a steam heating system, check the water level and refill the boiler if needed.
If your burner still fails to operate, call Santoro Oil for service at 401-942-5000.